Adolescents and Young Adults
- Re: Rape Accusation at St. Paul’s Letter to the Editor August 26, 2015, New York Times.
- How to Raise Boys to be Good Men,
- Bodnar, S. (2010) NYCPrivateschoolsblog.com
- The Diagnosis: What Now?
- Growth, Separations and Transitions: A Four-Part Series – Part I: New GradeGrowth, Separations and Transitions: A Four-Part Series – Part II: Camp Growth, Separations and Transitions: A Four-Part Series – Part III: Changing Schools
Growth, Separations and Transitions: A Four-Part Series – Part IV: College
Responding to Crisis
- Bodnar, S. (2018) Hamilton: The “Activist Client” Is no Longer an Academic Exercise. Psychoanalytic Dialogues (27) 6 p. 694 – 703
- Let’s Honor the Angels We Lost, In America/
- What to Take Away from the Death of Trayvon Martin, In America/
- Bodnar, S. (1997) Gidget Goes to Sing-Sing: An Interpersonal Therapeutic Approach to HIV-Positive Substance Abusers. In: Hope and Mortality: Psychodynamic Approaches to AIDS and HIV, ed. Mark Blechner, Analytic Press: Hillsdale, New Jersey.
- Bodnar, S. (2004) The Castle, Soaring Words
Series on compassion in the face of disaster in Self-Help Magazine:
- How to Create a Compassionate Business Community When Disaster Strikes
- How to Create a Compassionate School Community When Disaster Strikes
- The Compassionate Civic Organization in the Aftermath of Disaster
- Communities Caring for Communities When Disaster Strikes
- Creating a Compassionate Family When Disaster Strikes
Remembering Where You Come From
- Bodnar, S. (1997) Dances with Men: The Impact of Multiple Losses in My Practice of Psychoanalytically Informed Psychotherapy. In: Hope and Mortality: Psychodynamic Approaches to AIDS and HIV, ed. Mark Blechner, Analytic Press: Hillsdale, New Jersey.
- Don’t Forget Where You Came From, InAmerica/
- Learning from Baba’s Grocery List, InAmerica/
- Bodnar, S. (2006) Buber in the Kitchen, Sh’ma, Fall.
- Bodnar, S. (2019) The Loss of Innocence: Confronting Class Differences in the Practice of Psychotherapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology.
- Bodnar, S (2018) November 8, 2016: The Day I Became a White Clinician Journal of Clinical Psychology (74)1
- Bodnar, S. (2015) Inside Out: Making Stories From Kaleidoscopic Realities Psychoanalytic Dialogues 25 (6), p. 687 -693.
- The Uncomfortable Role White People Play in Diversity,
- Poverty Numbers Don’t Tell the Whole Story, InAmerica/
- When Being White Doesn’t Help, InAmerica/
- Beer-Drinking Slouches and Latte-Sipping Elites, InAmerica/
- Live media: HuffPostLive: White In America
Psychology and the Environment
- Bodnar, S. (2011) “It’s Snowing Less”: Narratives of a Transformed Relationship Between Humans and their Environments. In Vital Signs: Psychological Responses to Ecological Crisis, ed. N.Totton & MJ Rust, Karnac Press:London.
- Bodnar, S. (2008) Wasted and Bombed; Clinical Enactments of a changing relationship to the Earth, Psychoanalytic Dialogues 18 484-513.
- Bodnar, S. (2007) It’s not easy being Green, Presentense, Spring, 39.
- Bodnar, S. (2010) The Greening of 9D: One Upper West Side family’s experiment in sustainable living. The Jewish Week, June 25, p. 36
- Bodnar. S. (2009) Contributions to The Jew and the Carrot
Psychology and Cultures
- Bodnar, S. (2018) Dialogues of the Heart, Living and Trusting Through Moments of Betrayal. Psychoanalytic Dialogues (5), p. 581-585.
- Bodnar, S. (2006) I’m in the Milk and the Milk’s in me: Eros in the Clinical relationship, Psychoanalytic Dialogues 16, 45-89.
- Bodnar, S. (2005) Reflections upon the Roundtable Discussion on Culture,¬†Psychoanalytic Perspectives 2, 15-17.
- Bodnar, S. (2004) Review of Schopenhauer’s Porcupines: Intimacy and its Dilemmas, Psychoanalysis, Culture and Society 9, 360-362.
- Bodnar, S. (2004) “Remember Where You Come From”: Dissociative Process in Multicultural Individuals, Psychoanalytic Dialogues 14, 581-603.
- Bodnar, S. (2005) Standing Outside the Space: The Voice of a Real Person, Psychoanalytic Activist 11.